ASA 114, Cruising Catamaran Course,
This is a 6-hour course on a Lagoon 400 or 450 Catamaran
Group Course: $695 per person. Total of three students–You and three other students, who we match you up with. Please click here to choose your course dates. Please click here to choose your course dates.
Private Course 1 Student: $1810 total. A private course just for you, based on your schedule. Click here to tell us when you would like to start.
Private Course 2 Students: $1910 total. A private course for you and someone you know, based on your schedule. Click here to tell us when you would like to start.
Private Course 3 Students: $2010 total. A private course for you and two people who you know, based on your schedule. Click here to tell us when you would like to start.
Private Course 4 Students: $2110 total. A private course for you and three people who you know, based on your schedule. Click here to tell us when you would like to start.
Information about the Course
In this course, you will learn to skipper an auxiliary-powered sailing catamaran upon coastal waters in moderate to heavy winds (up to 20 knots) and sea conditions. Learn catamaran structure, components and features, performance under sail and power, boat systems, seamanship and safety, heavy weather operation, and emergency response.
For a full list of all 57 topics (knowledge and skills) plus knots that will be covered click below.
Prerequisite – ASA 101, 103, 104
Boat utilized and description – 2016 Lagoon 400 S2 Catamaran or 2017 Lagoon 450 Catamaran
This is an attractive 40 or 45 foot catamaran with 3 cabins and 3 bathrooms. This is a top of the line cruising model with all the comforts and features to make learning fun and safe. Features include: flat top mainsail, furling genoa, dodger and bimini, anchor windlass, autopilot, radar, GPS, and color chartplotter.
Boat location – The Vue Marina, Newport Beach, CA
The boat will be docked at the Vue Marina. This marina has some very nice facilities and is one of the best destinations in Southern California. Some of the features that make this a great location are:
- Ample free parking
- Lots of good restaurants and bars nearby
- Coffee shops across the street
- Bike, rollerblade and Segway rentals within a block
- Large grocery store, 3 blocks away – Pavilions
- John Wayne (SNA) Airport, 6 miles away
- Balboa Island within a mile
- Newport Pier a block away
- Art Museums of Laguna Beach within 12 miles
- Disneyland, 20 miles away
- Numerous hotels and resorts within just a few miles
- The famed Balboa Bay Club, where John Wayne use to hang out, less than a mile from the marina
- ASA 114 textbooks “Cruising Catamarans Made Easy”
- Fuel, insurance, and safety gear (including life jackets)
Cost Matrix to Reschedule a Class